Monday, June 17, 2013

RAD

Rachelle Anastasia Dyer

Throughout my childhood I had my initials (RAD) hanging on my wall above my window but had no idea what they represented other than my name. Various family members had commented on how cool they thought it was but no one really explained it to me.
When I started taking ballet I felt very special to have my initials printed in the corner of my bodysuit. I later (much later) realized that they stood for the Royal Academy of Dance and were not personally monogrammed for me specifically. I clearly thought the world revolved around me! :)
I looked rad up in the urban dictionary.

Rad - An abbreviation of 'radical'--a term made popular by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still primarily used by people on the West Coast who find words like 'cool', 'awesome', and 'tight' to be tired and overused; 'rad' is generally considered to be a much higher praise than the aforementioned superlatives. Also used as a general expression of awe

This definition might not quite apply to me but I am hoping it applies to my art and the things I create. I have been blessed with fun initials and intend to own them and use them to their full extent!

No comments:

Post a Comment