Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Figuring Out Ink

I love watching artist videos and studying in progress works. I follow a lot of artists on social media and truly enjoy the daily motivation. I was watching an awesome video of Nimit Malavia work with walnut ink and decided I should try out the bottle of India ink I have sitting around.
Ink works much like watercolours except for the fact that if it is not very diluted you can not lift it off the paper and fix a mistake... learned that the hard way. I really like ink and I will be using more of it!

When my sister saw "Bliss" (the painting on the right) her comment was "I really like the background and how some areas are dark and splotchy and others are nice and smooth." The reason for the background being the way it is.... I dropped my paintbrush. lol

Both of these paintings are available in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment