Monday, July 14, 2014

Art at the Cabin

My Cabin is my favorite place. It is a little log cabin next to a river that my family built over 60 years ago. It serves as a quiet place to escape the city and reconnect with nature. It really is my favorite place to visit. :)
We spend our mornings at the nearby lake, fishing and hanging out in the sun (taking dance photos) and then my afternoons are free to be lazy and art filled. (Especially on really hot days!)
In between feeding Squeeker (the incredibly tame and energetic cabin squirrel) I managed to paint a quick plein air  painting of the front yard overlooking the river. I don't often paint like this or finish a painting in a day but I was rather successful this weekend!

 It was about 35 degrees Celcius this weekend so we sat inside for a few hours in the afternoon. around 4 we went out on the deck to enjoy the hot breeze. I set up my inks and painted till about 8:30. By that time I was swatting more mosquitoes than actually painting so I headed inside. Using a really cool candle powered LED light I completed the painting inside by around 10:30pm.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/196381779/original-ink-forest-painting-cabin-plein
As I was painting my friend was building a new bird feeder/squirrel perch. This exact scene looks very different right now...so I might paint a new one next weekend when I go back up!
 This painting is now available in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment