Monday, March 23, 2015

Back to Work!

Spring Break is over....It was fun, relaxing and reasonably productive and I have piles of paper and paint all over the floor to prove it. But it's time to get back to the dance studio...the other art that I love so much, and the pain that comes with it (and maybe I'll clean up some of that mess....)

This weekend Sebastian added a keyboard synthesizer to his growing instrument collection which means my weekend soundtrack consisted of electric guitar and all the fun sounds the new keyboard makes! While he was playing with his new toys I took a break from my current paintings to paint some more mushrooms. There was no real reason for it. I woke up Saturday morning and felt the need to make a small (5" by 7") mushroom painting. I like the idea behind the roots and cross section although I did not quite capture the roots that were in my head. So, there may be more roots in the future!

This painting is now in my Etsy shop for the very reasonable price of $25, so if you are into fungus....check it out! ;)

I am going to try to update this blog more regularly. I've almost been posting weekly but I would like to amp that up a bit. That also means I need to make more art so we will see if I am organized enough to find the time. Summer will be full of art and blog posts for sure but May and June get a little busy and stressful!

No comments:

Post a Comment