Thursday, July 9, 2015

Acrylic vs. Watercolour

When I started my art journey just over 6 years ago I worked primarily with pencil and acrylic paint. After some experimentation I slowly switched over to using mostly watercolours and ink. Part of the reason I switched over was because watercolours are far easier to travel with  and paper is easier to carry around than a canvas. lol
This summer I am revisiting acrylics. I have a pile of canvases collecting dust and my paint is slowly drying up so I figure I have some acrylic based work to do. After such a long break I have found that I work a little differently with the way I mix and combine colours as well as their application. I am pleased with the results and will continue playing with acrylic and canvas throughout the summer. 
This pointe shoe image is one I have used before. The first painting was done with black India ink and white ink on paper. It is interesting for me to see the differences between mediums as well as how my style alters itself in relation to medium.
This acrylic painting is titled "Acrylic Grishko 1" (I know, super original) and is 8" by 10" acrylic on canvas. I have it listed in my Etsy shop with all my other dance themed paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment