Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Butterfly Friend


Summer is finally officially here and I hope I will be spending most of it at the cabin! We took a three day weekend this past week and headed up to my favorite place. I spent most of the weekend relaxing and hanging out with wild animals rather than drawing but I feel fresh and inspired now!


This little butterfly painting is from a photo we took of our temporary butterfly friend! We were sitting out in the hot sun swatting flies (I was probably complaining) when a butterfly landed on my toe. It then flew over and landed on Sebastian's finger. It was really windy so this little butterfly kept blowing away and then flying back to sit on my hand. He hung out with us for at least 5 minutes while I tried to get him to sit on a flower and Sebastian took as many photos as possible! Out of the 40 photos we took four of them were awesome. So upon returning home I decided to paint this friendly little butterfly.

This painting is 6" by 8" watercolour and ink on watercolour board mounted to a black cradled wood board. You can find it in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment