Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Dancing In The City


Despite the fact that I danced everyday last week I found some extra energy to do some dancing outside on Sunday afternoon. I danced down the street, up some stairs, across a ledge, up a hill and then all the way back down. I improvised everything and wasn't dancing to any music although I had an instrumental piece stuck in my head from a morning rehearsal.
I only got a few weird looks from people although one guy almost crashed his bicycle into a fence when I was warming up for the pointe section. lol 
Sebastian (aka The Vinylist) created this song specifically for this dance project and we have been waiting for the perfect day to film. This was the first real test of our recently purchased flycam and camera dolly. 
We had a lot of fun making this little video and plan to make more in the future.
While making this video I learned that dancing up-hill is a real struggle but despite the fact that concrete is not an ideal surface to dance on I must say I enjoyed the moment....and ripped up my shoes a little! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment