Sunday, August 28, 2016

As You Are


This little project started a few months ago. Sebastian composed a mix of one of our favorite Kimbra songs and wanted me to put together a dance for a video project. The song is five minutes long so it took my most of the spring and summer to complete the dance and get it ready for filming. 
 

It's nice to take some time and focus on myself as a dancer. I spend so much of my studio time on my students and I am often too tired at the end of the day to take a personal dance moment. I wanted this particular dance to be technical...so it ended up being a full competition lyrical solo. Haha
We spent two hot mornings in the studio working it all out. There are things I love about it and some things I will do differently next time! As I get back into the regular dance season I'm hoping I will find a little time to put together some more little dance projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment